Project Quality Manager
This position is accountable for the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of the QA/QC Plan, QA/QC project management and supporting technical staff.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining records relating to inspection and testing data, and applying quality control procedures
- Develop working relationship with customers, both internal and external, in order to ensure customer needs are addressed
- Develop quality control reports, post construction reports, and detailed progress reports
- Assure that all materials, workmanship, and construction are in full compliance with the contract plans and specifications
- Require that defective work or materials be corrected or removed until made compliant
- Manage the quality assurance and control organization to control the quality of products, using a variety of testing devices and procedures to maintain product quality.
- Perform inspections as needed; prepare and maintain inspection and performance records
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities
- Set up practices to monitor and control quality; however, other factors must be considered, such as effectiveness, cost, and productivity
- Apply substantive expertise during design, construction, and post construction phases of a project by working with suppliers, fabricators, design, and construction teams to ensure quality standards and project profitability are achieved.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed. Travel as required to attend, but not limited to, meetings, site visits, training, etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making skills
- Effective listening skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction or Engineering or related field required
- 5-7 years of heavy civil construction experience required
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)